The magnificent building is located outside the old town and had the role of guiding the expansion along the western bank of the Temo river.
Built on a design by the engineer Antonio Baldino, dating back to 1912-13, the construction occupies a large surface that enhances its monumental aspect, developing on a large recessed front into which the two protruding lateral bodies are inserted.
The use of red vulcanite, typical of city architecture, is evident in the corner pillars, in the frames, in the bands that cross the entire perimeter of the building. Developed on two floors, the building, now used as an exhibition center, has double-glazed or otherwise arched windows on the ground floor and two-light arched openings on the first level.
The stylistic aspects refer softly to Lombard Romanesque.
Currently, the building of the former Puggioni-Piga Orphanage is home to offices of the Municipality of Bosa.
History of studies
A review of studies can be found in the bibliography relating to the fact sheet in the volume of the “History of Art in Sardinia” on nineteenth-century architecture (2001).
Bibliography by
F. Masala, Architecture from the Unification of Italy to the end of the 1900s. Nuoro, Ilisso, 2001, sheet 17.
Content type:
Civil architecture
Province: Oristano
Common: Bosa
Macro Territorial Area: Central Sardinia
POSTAL CODE: 08013
Address: corso Giuseppe Garibaldi, s.n.c.
Update
Where is it
Images
Comments